Things have been relentless with repairs as well as emergencies around the house, and my life as a whole. My stepfather passed away abruptly last summer and I was stricken with grief that I wasn’t expecting to know for another decade or more. But it came on like a tornado without my consent. I thought I was finally starting to feel a little bit better about his death right before I got in a motorcycle accident and completely totaled my bike. I had multiple broken ribs, a fracture in my leg, as well as another in my right arm. The physician said that I was lucky to be alive, let alone walking as well as not paralyzed. It was a frightening experience to endure, however I was determined to push forward regardless of my injuries. Since we were sliding into the snowy and icy winter season around that time, I was starting to use my central gas furnace on a daily basis. I would turn it on at a mild setting, just bringing the house up to 60 degrees at the absolute highest. In reality, I was keeping it closer to 50 degrees most of the days. This was in part why I felt I had been using it responsibly, but that was until my carbon monoxide alarm went off. My specialist came out that very afternoon and determined the source of the gas leak. The heat exchanger inside my gas furnace had a tiny crack that was letting out small bits of gas while the gas furnace was cycling. Heat exchangers are not cheap fixes at all, and so, in the end, I determined that my best course of action would be replacing the heating system itself. It was already 13 years old at that point and at best had another 6 years or less worth of life left in it.

0 Comments

I replaced my heating unit instead of repairing it.

HVAC tune-up