I get a little overboard with cleaning my house sometimes

0 Comments

I admit I get crazy with our cleaning procedures from time to time. I bought a modern kind of bleach cleaning spray as well as I have been hitting every area of our house with it. So much bleach spray got into the air that I gave myself a sore throat as well as a throbbing headache this week. I was cleaning off our TV, our floors, our home office table, our powder room sink as well as our shower stall. In the end, I assume I did more injury to our lungs than actual measurable effects on diminishing bacteria in our house! I went pretty crazy with the cleaning in every part of our house. I think it’s safe to say that some of our surfaces are the cleanest that they have ever been in history. I started to notice a small amount of mildew growing near the external metal surface of our air conditioner that sits in a closet inside our house. It gets very musty in there, and so the black spores begin to show themselves. I recently found out that it is safe to clean the outside surface of the air conditioner with a bleach solution if you’re careful that you don’t get any inside the air handler. You never want to clean the inside of an air conditioner or a dehumidifier with bleach. It will make the metal in the evaporator coil oxidize. This can’t be reversed and in lots of cases it’s enough to put the coil out of commission altogether. Since new evaporator coils for A/C units aren’t cheap, I make sure that I never touch the inside of the air conditioner with any bleach. I let our trained Heating, Ventilation, and A/C specialist clean it with a spray that’s made for that job. It’s both safe and effective at keeping the inside of our A/C unit clean as well as free of mold growth.

Cooling system