I need to stop cleaning with bleach so much

0 Comments

I go nuts with cleaning procedures from time to time.

I obtained a new kind of bleach cleaning spray & I have been hitting every area of our house with it. So much bleach spray got sprayed into the air that I got a sore throat & a throbbing headache to boot. I was cleaning off our TV, our floors, our kitchen table, our bathrooms, and even our garage. In the end, I think I did more harm than good to our lungs! I definitely killed the harmful particles collecting on our indoor surfaces. I went nuts with all of the cleaning in every section of our house. It’s now safe to say that some of our surfaces are the cleanest that they’ve ever been. I started to notice a small amount of mildew growing on the metal surface of our air conditioner that sits in a closet inside our garage. It gets pretty musty in there & the black spores begin to show themselves, too. I also learned that it is safe to wash the outside surface of the air conditioner with a bleach solution if you’re careful not to get any down inside the air handler. You shouldn’t ever wash the inside of an air conditioner or dehumidifier with any form of bleach because it will make the metal in the evaporator coil oxidize & rust. This is permanent destruction to the unit and it can’t be reversed. In most cases it’s enough to put the coil out of commission altogether. Since new evaporator coils aren’t cheap, I also make sure that I never touch the inside of the air conditioner with bleach. I always let our trained Heating, Ventilation & A/C specialist wash it with a spray made just for that purpose. It’s both safe & effective at keeping the inside of an A/C unit clean and mold free.

Ductless mini split